Wallis and Futuna Tourist Office hereby undertakes to ensure that personal data from the website www.wallis-futuna.travel is gathered and processed in compliance with French law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 applicable in New Caledonia, relative computer data, files and freedoms, as amended by Order no. 2018-1125 of 12 December 2018 pursuant to Law no. 2018-497 of 20 June 2018 on the protection of natural persons, under (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
Gathering and processing of your personal data:
Wallis and Futuna Tourism Office collects the following personal data to enable you to access its Services:
- Identity: first and last name (required)
- Contact information: email address (required), telephone number (not required);
- Message and follow-up details
- IP address.
We use personal data for the purposes listed below:
- To put you in contact with a provider offering accommodation, restaurant services, activities or other services;
- To provide technical support if required;
- To inform you about events and what is happening in our islands;
- To audit and improve your browsing experience on the website;
- To prevent and detect any security threats to our Services, and any fraudulent or other illegal activities;
- To ensure compliance with our legal obligations, settle disputes and enforce our contracts.
Recipients of your personal data
We never disclose your personal data to third parties without your prior consent, and except in the following restricted cases:
- Wallis and Futuna Tourism Office may disclose your personal data to third party companies to ensure the proper functionality of its Site and provision of related Services.
- Wallis and Futuna Tourism Office may, where permitted by law, disclose your personal data to public authorities, or in connection with litigation proceedings.
Personal data retention period
We only retain your personal data for the period necessary for the intended purpose, in accordance with legal requirements.
Any person whose personal data is gathered has the following rights:
- The right of access granted to any natural person providing proof of identity to question the data controller as to whether he/she holds information about such natural person and, if required, to obtain such data.
- The right of correction is the right to request the correction, supplementing or updating of personal data
- The right to erasure (or right to oblivion) grants the right to demand the erasure of personal data by the person processing such data.
- The right to restriction grants the right to demand that processing and use of date be restricted to a set period of time.
- The right of opposition grants the data subject the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to inclusion in a file. The controller must prove that he/she has a legitimate and compelling reason to process such data, for the protection of the interests and fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, or to state, exercise or defend legal rights.
- The right to data portability grants the data subject the right to retrieve part of his/her data in a readable format. You are free to store such portable data elsewhere or to transfer it from one system to another, for reuse for other purposes.
For any information or the exercise of Data Protection rights and freedoms regarding personal data processing controlled by Wallis and Futuna Tourist Office, please contact us:
- or by mail (enclosing a copy of your ID if exercising your rights) to the following address:
BP 16 – Havelu – Mata'Utu
98 600 WALLIS ET FUTUNA
You also have the right to file a claim with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés:
- On the CNIL website:
- in some specific cases, via the “online complaints service”;
- where cases are not covered by the online service, via the “help required” service.
- By mail to:
3 place de Fontenoy
75334 Paris Cedex 07
When you visit our site, cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device to measure website usage and enhance user experience.
What is a "cookie"?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. Cookies are stored by your browser to save user preferences for a period of time. Cookies have many uses: they can be used to save your customer ID on an online sales site and also the contents of your shopping cart, as an identifier to track browsing history for statistics or advertising purposes, etc.
The www.wallis-futuna.travel website contains 2 types of cookies:
When you first visit www.wallis-futuna.travel, a banner informs you that the website contains cookies and asks for your choice. They are placed on your device only if you accept them.
- Internal cookies needed for the general functionality of the website
They ensure optimal functionality of the site. You can refuse and delete them via your browser settings but this may degrade your user experience.
|Cookie name:||Purpose:||Period retained:|
|Tarteaucitron||Saves cookie consent preferences||13 months|
- Site usage tracking cookies
They provide information on user browsing, including how and via what process users find a site. The Publisher uses the Google Analytics audience measurement tool, managed by Tag Management: Google Tag Manager.
- Third-party cookies designed to improve site interactivity.
Our site contains third-party cookies:
- Facebook Messenger service to contact us more easily
- Google and YouTube to improve the browsing experience and present Wallis and Futuna
The first time you visit the site, a banner informs you that the website contains cookies and asks for your choice. They are placed on your device only if you accept them or continue browsing the site by visiting a second website page. You can check on your cookies at any time and set your parameters to accept or refuse them via the Cookie Management page. You can set preferences for the site overall or service by service.
Ways to decline cookies via your browser:
You can delete all cookies placed on your device at any time. Please note that deleting cookies may degrade your user experience on our site. We recommend using the cookie Management page to disable cookies which are not essential to site functionality.
Please see below details of browser settings to block cookies on your device: